Friday, July 14, 2017

Review: Morbito: The Guardian of the Spirit

Morbito: The Guardian of the Spirit Morbito: The Guardian of the Spirit by Nahoko Uehashi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Balsa was a wanderer and warrior for hire. Then she rescued a boy flung into a raging river -- and at that moment, her destiny changed. Now Balsa must protect the boy -- the Prince Chagum -- on his quest to deliver the great egg of the water spirit to its source in the sea. As they travel across the land of Yogo and discover the truth about the spirit, they find themselves hunted by two deadly enemies: the egg-eating monster Rarunga . . . and the prince's own father.



Cover: Pretty
Rating: 4 Stars
Overall: Beautifully written
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Balsa is hired to save the prince from the creature that lives inside him. But will she succeed where others have failed?
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Favorite Character: Tanda
Source: Library (I now own XD)

Review: I watched this anime years ago when it first came out in English. I went to college before it finished, and haven't gotten around to the end. As soon as I seen this on OverDrive, I instantly wanted to read it! I'm so glad I did! Meeting old friends and new, I loved everything about this book! While I only gave it a 4 star rating because I felt the story was rushed in places, I enjoyed every minute of it! Great characters, strong plot, reads just like the anime! I loved how easy it was for me to picture each of the scenes as they played out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment